- Seated capacity 175 people, with secure off-street parking for 40-50 cars
- Ideal for family functions, weddings, birthday parties, craft shows, trade fairs and conferences
- Fully air-conditioned and heated
- Bar subject to hirer holding a liquor license
- Commercial kitchen (you’re welcome to use your catering service of choice)
- Stage with PA projector and screen
- Parquetry dance floor
- Your choice of round, square or oblong tables
- Wheelchair access and disabled toilet facilities
- Close to Altona train station
To book the hall, please contact FSM Caretaker: Kimmo Sandström ph. 03 9398 4143
Suomi-talon vuokraukset: Suomi-seuran talonmies, Kimmo Sandström p. 03 9398 4143
Rental charges: Friday – Sunday
- Evening (after 4pm): Hall Hire $600
- Day time (before 4pm): Hall Hire $70 per hour (minimum 3 hrs)
Rental charges: Monday – Thursday
- Hall Hire $50 per hour (minimum 3 hrs)
All charges are GST exempt. Bookings occur a minimum bond of $500. The bond will be returned in full if the hall has been cleaned to its original condition and there is no damage to the property of FSM.
The bond is at the discretion of the club and dependent on the nature of the function. The bond will be returned in full if the hall has been cleaned to its original condition and there is no damage to the property of FSM. A cheque will be sent within 10 days.
Payment by bank transfer* to the below account:
Account Name: Finnish Society of Melbourne
Bank: National Australia Bank
BSB: 083 004
Account No. 17289 9390
Please use surname and date of function as reference. Kindly send a payment receipt or remittance advice to firstname.lastname@example.org once payment has been made.
- The period of hire commences when the person/s or their agents hiring the hall arrive and concludes when the last person leaves.
- All functions must conclude by 12 pm (midnight) and the hall must be cleaned and vacated by 1 am.
- NO SMOKING is allowed inside the premises.
- Personal identification must be produced by the hirer to the satisfaction of the Caretaker.
- All appropriate insurance cover notes must be produced for verification 7 days prior to date of hire.
- No responsibility is accepted by the club for unruly or dangerous behaviour.
- The hirer must apply for an appropriate BYO license for the function from the Liquor License Commission. Alcohol must not be consumed without license.
FINNISH HALL USERS PLEASE NOTE:
- No smoking in the hall at all times. Smokers must use designated smoking area under the pergola at the back of the hall.
- No confetti or glitter inside the hall.
- Music must finish at 12pm (midnight).
- Cleaning: the hall must be cleaned by 12pm (midnight). Please leave kitchen area, including appliances and the hall as clean as you found it on arrival.
- The kitchen entrance should only be used by kitchen staff and organizers, all others must use the front entrance.
- No children allowed in the kitchen.
- Any damage or loss should be reported to the Caretaker. The cost of damage or extra cleaning needed will be taken out of the bond money.
- Return chairs and tables to original positions. PLAN provided.
- PA system and projector are not automatically included to the hall rental.